Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
This slow cooker chicken enchilada soup recipe only takes about 10 minutes of prep time, and it is oooooh-so-delicious and comforting. It is also naturally gluten-free.
*If you are making this soup gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free enchilada sauce.
**If you don't like that much corn, just use half a can, drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce*, homemade or store-bought
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel corn**, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips/chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 480mins
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
Serve warm, with optional garnishes.
You can also refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Or freeze it for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Crustless Veggie Mini Quiches 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Paleo Egg Quiche Muffins 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Homemade Beef Jerky 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Chicken Portuguese Style 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Saucy Grilled Chicken 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon and Sour Cream Chicken... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)