Flat Belly- Caribbean Chicken Salad
From "Flat Belly Diet Cookbook", Enjoy!
- 1 lb small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 small sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups colorful mixed greens
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Cooking time 40mins
1.) Sprinkle the chicken with the jerk seasoning, 1 tsp of the oil, and 1 tbsp of the lime juice. Rub in the seasonings. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2.) Coat a stovetop grill pan with cooking spray. Warm over med-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 165 degree F. Remove from the pan to a clean plate.
3.) Whisk the orange juice, honey, salt, remaining 2 tbsp oil, and remaining 2 tbsp lime juice in a large bowl. Add the onion and greens and toss to coat well.
4.) Cut the chicken into 1/4" thick diagonal slices. Pour any chicken juices from the plate into the salad. Add the mango and avocado to the salad and toss gently again. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with equal portions of the chicken.
You'll also love
- Emeril's Best Beef Pressure-Cooker... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Montana Elk Stew 3.9/5 (139 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Masala 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Sesame Chicken Bites Recipe 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Doritos Taco Salad 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders 4.6/5 (19 Votes)