Shrimp Pot Pie with Fennel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whole milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Heat oven to 400º F.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the leeks and fennel, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring (do not let it darken).
4. Stir in the wine, milk, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and parsley.
5. Transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Lay the pastry on top, trimming to fit, and cut vents in the top.
6. Bake until the shrimp mixture is bubbling and the pastry is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Two Cheese Moussaka with Mushrooms... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- HOME MADE KETTLE CORN 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tapas: Crab Balls 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- CLAM CHOWDER-NEW ENGLAND 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Crab Stuffed Shrimp 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Artichoke and Fennel Caponata 4.5/5 (2 Votes)