- 1 package(s) (16 ounces) corkscrew pasta, substitute medium shell pasta
- 3 cup(s) broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine, substitute butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 4 cup(s) (2 percent) reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can(s) (12 ounces) chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large saucepot, cook pasta in boiling salted water 5 minutes; add broccoli to pasta and cook another 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and pasta is al dente. Drain well and return to saucepot; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Gradually stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese until blended.
4. Add cheese sauce and tuna to pasta and broccoli in saucepot; toss until evenly mixed. Transfer mixture to shallow 3 1/2-quart casserole or 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish. Arrange tomato slices on top, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.