Outback Steakhouse's Shrimp On The Barbie
- For outback dipping sauce :
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and cilantro)
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbs minced shallot
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 11/2 lbs medium to large shrimp, unpeeled
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup tomato chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
Combine all dipping sauce ingredients and mix well. Chill until needed.
For the Shrimp :
1 Combine first eight ingredients in large bowl. Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature for one hour or in refrigerator for five hours, stirring occasionally.
2 Prepare barbecue with medium-hot coals. Thread shrimp on skewers. Grill until opaque (about 2 minutes per side).