Furr's Cafeteria "Pineapple Millionaire Pie"
Wow your guests with this sweet and decadent Furr's Cafeteria "Pineapple Millionaire Pie" at your next gathering!
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 (9-inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drain well
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from s2.justapinchassets.com
Cream 2 cups powdered sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy (be SURE to do this step first).
Add eggs, salt and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
Spread mixture evenly into baked pie crusts, then chill.
Whip heavy cream until stiff. Blend in powdered sugar. Then fold in pineapple and pecans.
Spread mixture on top of chilled filling; and chill thoroughly before serving.
NOTE: This pie is sweet and not for diabetics. But if you make your own powdered sugar by grinding Splenda into a powder, you can eat some too.
TIP For Diabetics: *To make your homemade powdered sugar from Splenda...take 1 cup Splenda and 2 tablespoons cornstarch, using a clean coffee grinder (or a blender) place both ingredients in the cup, place the lid on and pulse into a powder form. This can be used for dusting cakes, cupcakes...etc. You can also make a frosting with it.
Frosting made with Homemade Powdered Sugar: 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/4 cup light butter Beat 8 ounce of cream cheese with the butter. Mix in vanilla and 1/2 cup of the home made powdered sugar (taste it as you go).
You'll also love
- 7-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Best Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 3.8/5 (432 Votes)
- The Original Pancake House Apple... 3.7/5 (375 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Texas Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 4.3/5 (129 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)