7-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip
Artichokes, cucumber, roasted bell peppers, hummus, pita chips, greek yogurt, and an olive-herb-lemon zest mixture combine to create this delicious dip.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 cups 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint or oregano
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped, about 1 large bunch
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers, about 14 ounces
- 2 cups pita chips, crushed, plus more for serving
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup crumbled feta, about 8 ounces
Preparation time 100mins
Cooking time 100mins
Shred the cucumber on a box grater, toss with a large pinch of salt and let drain in a strainer for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any remaining liquid. Mix the drained cucumber with the yogurt, olive oil, garlic and mint in a medium bowl
Toss together the parsley, olives, lemon zest and scallions in a small bowl. Place the artichokes in a piece of cheesecloth or in a strainer and squeeze dry. Repeat with the peppers.
Layer the dip in a medium 3-quart clear glass trifle bowl or your favorite small serving bowl. Spread out the artichokes on the bottom, then top, in even layers, with the cucumber-yogurt mixture, peppers, pita chips, hummus, feta and the olive-herb mixture.
Wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight (if refrigerating overnight then top with the olive-herb mixture right before serving). Serve with pita chips.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (442 Votes)
- Neiman Marcus Dip 4.6/5 (417 Votes)