Butternut squash and cranberry gratin
- 1 1/2tablespoons1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1large1 large leek, chopped
- 1/2tablespoon1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1small1 small butternut squash, sliced into thin (about 1/8” thick) rounds
- 1/4cup1/4 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2cup1/2 cup cranberries
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4cup1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2cup1/2 cup GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
Adapted from runningtothekitchen.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, saute the leeks with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the sage for about 3-5 minutes until softened. Set aside.
4. Arrange the butternut squash rounds on the bottom of the baking dish in an overlapping pattern.
5. Mix the cream cheese and the almond milk in a small bowl until smooth.
6. Drop ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture in dollops on top of the layer of squash and spread out with a spoon.
7. Spread ⅓ of the leeks on top of the cream cheese.
8. Sprinkle ⅓ of the cranberries on top.
9. Spread another layer of butternut squash rounds on top and repeat with the cream cheese, leeks and cranberries twice more so there are 3 full layers in the baking dish.
10. Drizzle the top with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
11. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
12. Remove the gratin from the oven, mix the breadcrumbs and mozzarella shreds together in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the gratin.
13. Return to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until the breadcrumbs start to brown and the cheese melts.
14. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes to set before serving.