Steamed clams with Garlic and Tomatoes
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry white wine
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 pounds little neck clams, scrubbed
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Put first 6 ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Continue boiling until the liquid is reduced to about 3 cups, about 20 minutes.
Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams open, about 4 minutes.
Discard any clams that don not open. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the
clams to a large shallow bowl.
Whisk the butter, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and lemon juice into the reduced
broth. Cook until butter is completely melted. Pour the broth over the clams.
Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Serve with slices of crusty, Italian bread
You'll also love
- Sausage, Pepper and Mozzarella... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pesto Risotto With Roasted Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- tomato bruschetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish Cooking Tips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna and Pasta Cheddar Melt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork with Clams(Carne de... 0/5 (0 Votes)