Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green Apple & Honey
This simple Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green Apple & Honey is so gorgeous, tastes great and is good for you! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds red beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- 8 ounces baby Chioggia beets, tops removed and scrubbed
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 green apple
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups sprouts or microgreens, for garnish
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place red beets in a baking dish just large enough to hold them in a single layer and add enough water to come three quarters of the way up sides of beets. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and drizzle with grape seed oil. Cover with foil and bake until tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Transfer beets to a cutting board. When just cool enough to handle, remove skins, cut into 1/4-inch slices, and transfer to a bowl.
Meanwhile, place baby beets in small saucepan and cover with 2 inches cold water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 25 minutes. Drain beets; when just cool enough to handle, remove skins; cut into halves or wedges, depending on size; and transfer to another bowl.
Whisk together honey, olive oil, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice; add 1 teaspoon salt and season with pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing; divide remaining dressing between bowls of warm beets; toss beets to coat.
Halve lemon and squeeze juice into a bowl of cold water; drop lemon halves in it. Peel apple, cut into small pieces (you should have about 1 cup), and submerge in lemon water. When ready to serve, drain apple and blot dry.
Arrange beets on a serving platter and drizzle with reserved dressing. Top with apple, goat cheese, and sprouts and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- California Cauliflower Breakfast... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Penne Primavera with Avocado... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread Recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Almond Dacquoise with Passion... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup: Spicy Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Jacques Pepin's Crab Cakes with... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Winter Slaw with Kale & Cabbage 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail 4.1/5 (34 Votes)