Fingerling Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Bacon
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 7-8 fingerling potatoes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Can double this recipe.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel until cool, then crumble. Remove all but 1 tsp of bacon grease from the pan. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, once the pan is hot, add the onion slices. Sauté until caramelized, about 20 minutes, making sure to stir frequently. While the onions are caramelizing, par cook the fingerling potatoes in a pot of boiling water over high heat, for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from water and let cool.
Once the onions are caramelized add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 60 seconds, stirring constantly, remove from skillet and set aside. Slice the fingerling potatoes in half lengthwise. Add the last 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil to the same skillet over medium heat, once hot, add the fingerling potatoes, and the butter. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip, cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Add the bacon crumbles, onions and garlic to the pan to reheat. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Olive Gardens Chicken or Shrimp... 3.9/5 (72 Votes)
- "To-Die-For" Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Halloween Cake 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Winter White Bean and Italian... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Baby Back Ribs in an Instant Pot 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Popper Meatballs 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)