Cinnamon Roll Baked Donuts
A baked donut with the flavors of a classic cinnamon roll. What could be better? Great for dessert or a breakfast to satisfy a sweet tooth. This sweet donut goes great on any breakfast or brunch spread and pairs well with coffee or mimosas. Make this donuts for your friends and family any time of the year, or during the holidays and especially at Hanukkah.
- CINNAMON ROLL TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- DONUT BATTER:
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Dash of milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cavity donut pan and set aside.
CINNAMON ROLL TOPPING:
Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, milk, and cornstarch. Heat until it just bubbles. Take it off the heat and pour about 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each donut cavity.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
Pipe or spoon the batter into the donut cavities about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 7-8 minutes and turn out on a wire rack to cool.
Using a fork, whisk the milk into the powdered sugar until desired consistency. Using a piping bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off, glaze the top of the donuts.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Slop 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Sinless Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies 4.1/5 (89 Votes)
- The BEST Skinny Ranch Dressing (3... 4/5 (93 Votes)
- Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread in a Jar 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Pretzel Hot Dog Buns 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Upside Down Banana Walnut French... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Egg, Biscuit & Sausage Gravy... 4.3/5 (45 Votes)