Skillet Italian Sausages with Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes
GREAT weeknight meal adapted from America's Test Kitchen!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 pound red potatoes cut into 1 inch wedges
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 bell peppers, cored and sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1 tablespoon sherry or balsamic vinegar
1. Brown Sausages: Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until just soking. Brown sausages lightly on all sides, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to plate and set aside.
2. Microwave potatoes: Meanwhile toss potatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teapoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with platic wrap and microwave on high until potatoes brgin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Shake bowl without removing plastic halfway through cooking time to toss them.
3.Saute peppers and onions: Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Add bell peppers nd onion and return to medium high heat until peppers begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir intomato paste and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Cook Sausages: Stir in wine, water, and oregano, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom, and bring to a simmer. Nestle sausages and potatoes into the vegetables, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until sausages are no longer pink in center, about 10-12 minutes.
5. Season: Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.
You'll also love
- Oven Roasted Corned Beef with... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken & Pasta Casserole with... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut Nutella No Bake Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Braised smoked pork shank in... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Cilantro Fries 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Vegan Passover Kugel 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Hamburger Steak with Onions and... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Potato, Cabbage & Chorizo Soup 3.8/5 (17 Votes)