Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy
Eat like a steak or serve like hamburgers with the delicious caramelized onions with pan gravy made from the drippings, flour, beef broth and sherry.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
n a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm.
Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with a fork, scraping bits of beef off of the bottom as you stir. Gradually mix in the beef broth and sherry. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes.