Oven Roasted Corned Beef with Mustard Brown Sugar Glaze
Corned Beef is great with cabbage and potatoes! Left overs are great for making Reuben sandwiches!
- 5 pound piece of corned beef
- dijon mustard
- brown sugar
- fresh bread crumbs
- 8 to 12 small/medium-sized red new potatoes
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 4 to 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch sections
- 1 head cabbage, cored and cut into eighths
Adapted from recipejunkie.blogspot.com
Place corned beef in a large pot and add water until beef is barely covered. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat for a couple of hours until it is fork tender but not falling apart.
Remove the corned beef and put into a foil-lined shallow roasting pan or oven proof casserole dish, fat side up. Cover with foil and refrigerate until you are ready to proceed.
Let the broth cool and skim off any foam and excess fat.
Preheat the oven to a low temperature, about 250 to 300°F. Roast the meat covered for about an hour or hour and half.
Make a paste of mustard and brown sugar. Raise the temperature to about 375°F, uncover and spread the mustard/brown sugar paste on the top surface of the meat.
Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes or less. Put the whole potatoes in the broth along with the onion and bring to a boil. When the potatoes are about half way done about 10 minutes or so (firm but not hard as rocks when a fork is stuck into them) toss in the carrots and let them cook for about 10 minutes.Toss in the cabbage, cover the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
Shut off the heat and leave covered while you are crisping the corned beef. If it isn’t already looking a bit brown and crispy on the crumbs, turn the heat up to 450°F or more for about 5 to 8 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Parmigiana, inspired by... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic-Basil Chicken with... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken & Pasta Casserole with... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Coconut Nutella No Bake Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Advocare Turkey Chili 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Cilantro Fries 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Tomato Mozzarella Pesto Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Roast Pork Shoulder - GOYA®... 3.8/5 (100 Votes)
Review this recipe