Sausage and Kale Rigatoni WW
8 points plus values
- 2 cup(s) uncooked rigatoni
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste, for cooking pasta
- 8 oz raw turkey sausage, sweet Italian variety
- 4 cup(s) kale, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 26mins
Cook rigatoni in salted water according to package directions.
Meanwhile, remove sausage from casing and cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook, stirring frequently, until limp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add broth to skillet and scrape up browned bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in rigatoni; heat through.
Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
You'll also love
- Provencal Summer Squash & Potato... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Potato and Ham Soup 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Basic marinade for beef, pork or... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg White Frittata with Spinach,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemony Shrimp Macaroni Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chilled Creamy Poppyseed Pasta and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach Calzones 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Penne with Cauliflower and Capers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)