Chili Beef Lettuce Wraps
Chili Beef Lettuce Wraps are a quick and healthy meal. I like to top mine with some shredded carrot and extra cilantro.
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Toasted sesame oil, for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 to 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lime, juice of 1/3 lime
- 3 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fish sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from redonline.co.uk
Heat a large frying pan and add a little oil. Mix the ground beef and pork together. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed. Fry the meat in the hot pan for five to seven minutes until crisp and brown and broken down to a fine consistency. Drain the crisped meat in a sieve – this will help it stay crispy. Set aside.
Wipe out the pan and add a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Fry with a pinch of salt and the sugar for two minutes. Add the drained meat and stir to mix.
Add the fish sauce and heat through. Stir in the lime zest and juice, then add the green onions, stirring for thirty seconds. Turn off the heat.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust to taste.
To serve, spoon some of the meat mixture into the lettuce leaves, drizzle with a little dressing and serve.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Martini 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sunset Orzo with Spanish Shrimp 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Apricot Lush Dessert 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini-Applesauce Chocolate-Chip... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp & Grits with Tomatillo Sauce 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach Calzones with Blue Cheese 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Ground Beef Mummy Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach and Egg Breakfast Wrap... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)