"Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 93%) ground beef
- 1 jar (16 oz) Muir Glen® organic mild salsa
- 1 cup Muir Glen® organic tomato sauce (from 15-oz can)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked regular or multigrain elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1.In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
2.Stir in salsa, tomato sauce and water. Heat to boiling. Stir in macaroni and corn. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
3.Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.