Baked Ziti with Sausage and Pepperoni
Delicious pasta loaded with cheeses, sausage, and pepperoni.
- 4 ounces thin-sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 pound italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes with their juice (one 16-ounce can)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/2 pound ziti
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large frying pan, sauté the pepperoni over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off the fat from the pan and wipe the pan clean.
In the same pan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, breaking them up. Add the salt,oregano, and basil, cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ziti until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce, the pepperoni, and the parsley. Top with the mozzarella and finish with the parmesan. Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until cheeses are melted and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Corn Flake Crusted Potatoes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer cherry pie (with canned... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- "Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Gordon Ramsay’s Herb Crusted... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- World’s Best Tuna-Noodle... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Fettucini Alfredo 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Ziti with Ricotta,... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)