Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
If you like honey garlic chicken wings you'll love this Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops recipe!
- 6-9 pork chops, not too thick, you can use boneless pork loin
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying chops
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- dash of cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
Adapted from facebook.com
Whisk the eggs and 4 tablespoons of water together in a shallow dish.
Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
Dip the chops in the flour, then over into the egg. Then back over into the flour mixture once again.
This is what puts the extra crispy coating on the chops. Be sure to get plenty of flour on in this last coating.
Heat oil in the pan to a medium temperature. Shake them a little and place in a pan with about a half inch of oil. Be sure the oil is hot, but not too hot or the chops will cook too fast. You need to get it good and hot and then turn to about medium.
Cook for about 6 minutes on each side. Try not to turn more than twice or your breading will come off.
Remove the pork from the pan to a 9"x13" baking dish.
Saute the garlic a little in the butter. Add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne, and ginger. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Watch this carefully because it will foam and might boil over.
Pour 1/2 of the glaze over the pork chops. Flip them over and pour the other 1/2 over the other side.
Place uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes. This sets the glaze and finishes them to be sure they are cooked through.
You'll also love
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4.5/5 (112 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Casserole 4.5/5 (109 Votes)
- Sun-Dried-Tomato and Pesto Risotto 4.4/5 (112 Votes)
- Slowcooker Pork Chops 4.5/5 (102 Votes)
- Shrimp with Garlic and Parsley 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp over... 4.5/5 (103 Votes)