Santa Hat Party Mix
Chex Mix who? This festive treat will leave you forgetting the store bought versions! Serve this Santa Hat Party Mix at your next holiday gathering. Package this mix up in festive bags or tins and gift to everyone on your nice list this year.
- SANTA HATS:
- Red Melting disks
- Mini marshmallows
- White sprinkles, I used nonpareils
- SANTA MIX:
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups holiday colored M&M’s
- 8 ounces white chocolate for melting
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from cookiesandcups.com
Melt the candy melts, along with a tablespoon of shortening (to help thin the melted candy), in 30 second intervals on half power in your microwave until melted.
Immediately start dipping the Bugles in the red candy melts. Let them set up for 10 minutes or so on parchment or wax paper.
When they are set, remelt the red candy disks (if necessary) and dip just the bottoms (larger part of the bugle) into the white sprinkles.
Then flip it over and dip the top in the melted candy and press a mini marshmallow on top.
Spread all your ingredients, except M&M’s, out on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
Melt your white chocolate according to package directions and drizzle over the pretzel mix.
Transfer into a large bowl and coat mix with chocolate.
Return to baking sheet to allow to dry.
When chocolate is set, sprinkle M&M’s and Bugle Santa Hats over the mix.
Transfer to big bowl to serve.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Garlic... 4.2/5 (81 Votes)
- Italian Christmas Cookies 4.2/5 (98 Votes)
- Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (77 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Appetizers 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Rosemary Roasted Nuts 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe