Yellow Squash Casserole
The best part of summer? Squash season! If you're looking for a different way to prepare squash other than fried - this recipe is what you've been looking for. Butter-y, cheese-y with a little bit of crunch, oh my!
- 2 pounds yellow squash (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (about 35 crackers)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
In large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture.
Melt 1/2 cup of butter. Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread squash mixture into 9" x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes until lightly brown.
You'll also love
- SloCooker Beef and Broccoli PRINT 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Creamy Broccoli-Bacon Bake 4.6/5 (50 Votes)
- Cheese & Garlic Crack Bread 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Batter Fried Mushrooms 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Pumpkin and Apple Soup 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy (Boeuf Bourguignon) 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup 4.5/5 (54 Votes)