Chicken with Orange-Sage Sauce
If you love sage this is a great sauce.
- 3 T butter at room temperature
- 3 T fresh sage or 1 T dried sage
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teas salt
- 1/2 teas pepper
- 1 T oil
- 1 1/2 T flour
- 1 c orange juice
- 3 T heavy cream
Beat together the butter and sage in a bowl until blended and set aside. Sprinkle the chicken with 3/4 teas salt and 1/4 teas pepper.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet and saute about 7 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to platter and keep warm.
Add the sage butter to skillet to melt and stir brown bits from bottom of skillet. Whisk in flour until smooth. Place over low heat,stir in orange juice cook and stir constantly until thick and bubbly. Pour in 1/4 teas salt and pepper. Add the heavy cream and heat through. Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Rotel Chicken Spaghetti 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Orange pineapple muffin cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken – A Soulful Bowlful 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hamburger Helper Chicken Cacciatore 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Fig, Apple & Sage Stuffing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sauteed Chicken with Pears, Cider,... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)