pasta - homemade potato garlic gnocchi
- 2 small potatoes, boiled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch pepper
- large pinch salt
- 100 - 125 g flour
Adapted from collectingmemoriess.blogspot.ca
1) Mash your potatoes with a fork and mix together with garlic. Add the egg and all the seasonings. Start adding flour and when it starts to be hard to mix the batter, transfer it to the board and start kneading. When it almost stops sticking to your hands, stop adding flour.
2) Roll the dough into a 1-2 cm thick log and cut it every 2-3 cm. Make grooves with a fork, make an indentation with your thumb or simply leave them as they are. (I'm not very good at making grooves so next time I'm not going to torture myself trying to make them).
3) Cook in a salted boiling water. Just don't pack the pot! Cook half of these at first. When they come to the surface, let them cook for a few minutes and remove from water.
4) To make them crispy, melt about a tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan. Cover and let the butter brown over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. When It starts smelling yummy, add half of the gnocchi and increase the heat. Let cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi and a tablespoon of butter.
You'll also love
- Crumb Topped Apple Slab Pie 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Caramels 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Fried Potatoes Southern 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken & Noodles 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemony Pasta with Goat Cheese... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Dijon Chicken Linguine with... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Air Fryer Garlic Baked Potatoe 4.7/5 (13 Votes)