PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- 1 Cup cake flour
- 1 TSP Baking powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 (20oz) Can pineapple slices- drained
- 10 Maraschino cherries- cut in half
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine plus 1 TBSP
- 1 Cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 TSP Almond extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
3. Melt 1/2 Cup butter in microwave.
4. Spread brown sugar evenly on bottom of pan (9-10")and pour melted butter over the top- saturating the brown sugar.
5. Lay pineapple slices out evenly covering the whole pan. Distribute the cherries around the pineapple.
6. Separate egg whites and yolks into two bowls- a large bowl for the whites and a smaller bowl for the yolks.
7. Beat egg whites just until soft peaks form.
8. Gradually add white sugar into egg whites, beating well after each addition.
9. Beat egg yolks with fork or whisk, high speed, until thick.
10. Using a whisk or spatula and an over/under motion, gradually fold in egg yolks and flour mixture into the egg white mixture.
11. Fold in the tablespoon of butter (melted) and the almond extract.
12. Spread batter evenly over the top of the pineapples.
13. Bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and surface springs back when pressed with fingertip.
14. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a cake knife. Let cake cool for at least five minutes before flipping over onto serving dish.
You'll also love
- House of Blues Cornbread -... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut Snowballs Cookies PRINT 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Frosted Cherry Drop Cookies 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Slices 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Pineapple Tarts 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)