Raw Butternut Squash with Cranberry Dressing
A great dish to prepare in the fall or for Thanksgiving. I would have never thought to eat butternut squash raw.
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- 1/2 c fresh or frozen cranberries, picked over and rinsed
- 3/4 c orange juice
- 1 T minced ginger
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lbs) peeled and seeded
Combine the cranberries, orange juice, and ginger in a small saucepan. Over low heat cover and cook, stirring occasionally until cranberries begin to break about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the oil, 1 T honey, and some salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
Meanwhile grate the squash by hand or food processor. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 T honey. Toss with the dressing and serve warm or room temperature. You can substitute 1/2 c red or green seedless grapes for the cranberries.
You'll also love
- Tortellini Toss 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- CAJUN PORK ROAST 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rainbow Lasagne with Heirloom... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash with Apples &... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Wheat Belly Banana Bread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Spareribs, Raspberry 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe