Southwestern Roasted Butternut Squash
Keep them in the oven a little longer if you want something resembling sweet potato fries!
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 to 1 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- few sprinkles of black pepper
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried garlic (or one finely chopped garlic clove)
- 4-5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small/medium butternut squash
Slice butternut into strips (or small cubes no greater than 1/2 an inch wide)
Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with all the spices/seasonings/salt. Use your hands to massage seasoning evenly over the butternut strips.
Preheat oven to 400.
Bake on a cookie sheet, on the middle rack for about 50 minutes, or until they're slightly browned and tender enough to pierce with a fork.
Allow to cool before eating.