Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This recipe makes a delicious holiday breakfast that your friends and family will love! Sour cream makes the cake rich and balances the sweetness of blueberries.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 80mins
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle half over batter. Top with half of the berries. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter.
Bake at 350°F for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
You'll also love
- Velveeta Cheesy Italian Pasta Bake 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Arroz Con Chorizo (Rice and... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Cucumber Relish 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with... 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Almond Poppyseed Muffins 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Annie's Apple Bread 3.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Tasso Cream Sauce 3.9/5 (19 Votes)