Lemon Almond Poppyseed Muffins
These are incredibly easy to make and has just the right balance of lemon and almond flavor. If you don't like almond you can use vanilla extract instead.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 4 egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Line 18 muffin cups with paper bake cups.
Combine flour, poppy seed and baking soda; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Beat in egg whites or eggs, almond and lemon peel.
Add the (flour) mixture and yogurt alternately to the beaten mixture, beating after each addition until combined.
Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle with crushed almonds if desired.
Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
You'll also love
- Annie's Apple Bread 3.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Awesome Baked Sea Scallops 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Cream Supreme 3.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Tasso Cream Sauce 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Ham & Cheese Ring 3.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Parsley Baked Cod 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Grilled Lemon-Dijon Chicken Thighs... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- lemon bars using sweetened... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)