Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
Delicious chinese chicken in a baked version that has less calories.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 T cornstarch
- additional sesame seeds for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. I have also found that you can put the chicken pieces in a gallon size bag and shake to coat.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and 1 T cornstarch. Pour over chicken and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.
You'll also love
- Bundt Cake Breakfast 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Gluten Free "KFC" Popcorn Chicken 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Linguine Pesto with Italian... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Pineapple Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken & Potato Bake 4.9/5 (17 Votes)