Gluten Free "KFC" Popcorn Chicken
No there isn't really gluten free fried chicken at KFC (not that I know of!) but I have this recipe for mock "KFC" chicken seasoning in my family cookbook that my aunt put together one year for our family reunion so here it is, but made into gluten free chicken nuggets. My daughter was very happy to have chicken nuggets once again, the first time in months.
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon salt (I like kosher)
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour blend
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 tablespoon ginger
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from candacecreations.blogspot.com
Take 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut into bite size pieces.
In a large frying pan, add about 1/2 inch oil and heat over medium-high.
Mix all ingredients together in medium size bowl.
In another medium size bowl, break two eggs and slightly beat them.
Place chicken pieces into bowl with slightly beaten eggs and toss to coat.
Using a fork, transfer chicken pieces to flour mixture and toss/stir to coat pieces evenly with seasoning.
Space chicken nuggets around the frying pan/sauce pan in a single layer and cook till golden crisp on one side, then flip over...about 5-7 minutes total. Adjust your temperature if you notice chicken nuggets are browning too fast or not cooking fast enough. When you think they look done, pick out the largest one and cut open with a knife to make sure it is cooked all the way through (no pink!). Work in batches.
Remove chicken nuggets from heat and place on paper towel lined cooling racks.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Panera Bread... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Famous Freezer Meatloaf 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken Paprika in Sour Cream... 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Christmas Eve Creamy Slow-Cooker... 4/5 (125 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Cheezy Vegan Spaghetti Squash 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout,... 4.6/5 (36 Votes)