Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Zucchini
A quick and easy treat the whole family will enjoy. Zucchini is stuffed with shredded chicken, wrapped in bacon and then baked to a crisp. One bite of this tasty appetizer and you'll be coming back for more!
- 3 medium to large zucchini
- 1 pound chicken, shredded
- 18 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 18 toothpicks
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
Wash and cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully scrape out all the seeds and soft membrane down the middle of each zucchini half.
Mix the shredded chicken with the sea salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder (it combines easier when it’s warm and a little moist).
Spoon about 1/3 cup shredded chicken down the middle of each hallowed-out zucchini half. Wrap about 3 pieces of bacon around each zucchini half and secure with a toothpick at the top.
Place each zucchini half on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, checking on them after about 13 minutes to be sure the bacon isn't burning.
Remove from oven and allow 5 minutes or so to cool.
You'll also love
- Louisiana Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Pineapple Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork... 4.2/5 (81 Votes)
- Chicken Paprika in Sour Cream... 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Three Cheese Bacon Dip 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken & Potato Bake 4.9/5 (17 Votes)
- BBQ-Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups 4.5/5 (53 Votes)