Pineapple Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained (juice reserved)
- 1 3/4 Cups water
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 2 drops orange food coloring
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves Cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Cups flour
- 2 Tbls. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Vegetable oil for frying chicken
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1" cubes 1 red and 1 green
- 1 medium size sweet onion cut into 1" pieces.
In a saucepan combine 1 1/2 Cups water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling, turn off heat. Combine 1/4 Cup cornstarch and 1/4 Cup water; stir into saucepan. Contine stirring until mixture thickens.
Combine flour, salt, pepper. Add chicken pieces and stir until chicken is well coated.
Heat oil in skillet or wok, fry chicken pieces in hot oil about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken and drain on paper towel.
When ready to serve add bell peppers, pineapple onion and chicken to the sweet and sour sauce. Mix together easily and serve over hot rice.