One-Pot Sticky Chicken Wings
This ridiculously simple recipe will impress your family and friends, and is extremely tasty! Chicken wings covered in a sticky, sweet, savory glaze flavored with anise, cinnamon, and ginger.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and wings cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 small dried red chiles
- 2 whole star anise
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a very large nonstick skillet (or in batches), cook the chicken wings over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add the ginger, chiles, star anise and cinnamon and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, sugar and 1/3 cup of water and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the wings are cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a thick glaze, about 8 minutes. Discard the chiles, star anise and cinnamon.
Transfer the chicken wings to a platter, scatter the scallions on top and serve.
You'll also love
- Sauteed Apples 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Pie Doughnuts 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Shredded Beef Tacos 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken Divan (diabetes-friendly... 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Spicy Turkey Loaf L. F. 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Oyster Crackers 4.4/5 (18 Votes)