Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 3 leeks, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 3 c. chopped yellow onions
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lg. Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1.5 lb.), peeled & cubed into 1/2 in. cubes
- 6 cups veg stock (look for the powdered veg broth) in a short green canister
- 3-5 teaspoons fresh rosemary
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from care2.com
Heat 4-qt. soup pot over medium heat and add leeks, onion, and salt. Saute for 5 mins, stirring often, until onion begins to turn translucent.
Add garlic and stir well. Cook for 1 min. more.
Add potatoes and veg stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 mins.
Remove soup from heat and use stick blender. Blend with fresh rosemary leaves that have been crisped with 1 tbls olive oil in saute pan (1 min on med.).
You'll also love
- Prime Rib - slow roast 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Bread Cake/Gluten Free 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli & Rice Casserole 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed Small Red Potatoes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ham & Tater Corn Chowder 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Sliced Baked Potatoes 4.5/5 (25 Votes)