Candy Yams Soufflé
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 31mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks. In a 4-quart pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender, for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain.
3. Return the drainied potatoes to the saucepan, but not the heat. Stir in butter until melted and the potatoes are mashed. Stir in both sugars and the lemon juice.
4. In a small bowl, sitr together the milk, cornstarch, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir into the potatoes. Spoon into the prepared casserole dish.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top and let bake for 7 to 10 minutes longer or until the marshmallows are melted and brown.