Chunky Cheese Potato Soup and Wilted Spinach Salad
- Chunky Cheese Potato Soup:
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 russet potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large rolls, split
- Wilted Spinach Salad, recipe follows
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed, stems removed
- 1 tomato, chopped
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a large pot, cook the bacon until it is browned and crispy. Remove the bacon strips and crumble, leaving the drippings in the pot.
Cook the onion and potatoes in the bacon drippings until they are tender, approximately 15 minutes. Stir in the cream, salt, and pepper. Dredge the cheese in flour and slowly add the cheese to the pot until it is melted. Add the crumbled bacon to the pot and stir everything together until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serve in a hollowed out bread roll.
In a medium sized pan, cook the bacon until it is browned and crispy. Remove the bacon strips from the pan, leaving only the drippings. Slowly add the vinegar to the pan, whisking constantly. Whisk in the sugar. Put the spinach into the pan and toss the leaves with the dressing until they wilt slightly. Remove the salad from the pan and garnish with chopped tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Broccoli and Cheese... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Cheese & Potato Stuffed Pork Chops 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Ditalini with Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Franconia Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach from Lawry's Prime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beans and Escarole Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)