Cheese & Potato Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 center cut bone-in pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced VERY thinly*
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs melted butter, divided
- Pre-frozen shredded potatoes (sometimes called "hash brown") may be substituted. Use about 2 cups.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Make a "pocket" in the chops to hold the filling. Here's a very good video explaining how:
Peel the potatoes if you wish. I used white new potatoes so eliminated this step. Slice the potatoes ULTRA thin...so you can read the newspaper through them. For this, I used my box grater--the side that has the "U" shape. Otherwise use a mandolin to accomplish this. You may also substitute frozen shredded potatoes that are thawed if you don't want to bother with the thin slicing. Pat the potatoes to remove excess moisture between paper towels.
Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper and 1 tbs of the melted butter.
Stuff each chop with 1/4 of the potato-cheese mixture. Place in prepared pan. Brush with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional salt and pepper.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-50 minutes.
SLOW COOKER METHOD:
Proceed as above, except don't prepare a baking dish.
Place chops in a 5-7 QT slow cooker. Try to angle the chops with the stuffed pocket angled upward.
Cover and cook on HI for 4-5 hrs.
Read more: http://www.bakeatmidnite.com/2014/08/cheese-potato-stuffed-pork-chops.html#ixzz3TxeBEIbJ
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Broccoli and Cheese... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Spiced Bundt Cake with Apple... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Butter & Brownie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoky Pulled Pork on a Gas Grill 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Maple, Bacon & Pecan Sticky Buns 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Chops (Brined) 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Chops - America's... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)