Creamed Spinach from Lawry's Prime Rib
The cream sauce in this recipe is a Bechamel sauce, which is a French white sauce. It can be made thin (1 tbsp each butter and flour to 1 cup milk), medium (2 tbsp each butter and flour to 1 cup milk) or thick (3 tbsp each butter and flour to 1 cup milk.)
The recipe calls for grinding the ingredients in a food grinder. A food processor may be used instead.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- @Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup whole milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Boil spinach (not too well done.) Remove from heat, wash in cold water, squeeze dry. Put through food grinder and set aside. Grind bacon and saute' in skillet. Grind onion and add to bacon w/ garlic salt and pepper. Saute' until all moisture is gone.
Make a medium cream sauce with butter, flour and milk. Melt butter over low heat and slowly mix in flour to start a roux. Stir the milk into the roux and cook until thickened.
Add spinach, onion and bacon mixture to the cream sauce and bring to a slow boil. Remove from heat and serve.
You'll also love
- Lemon Myrtle Shortbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beans and Escarole Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Stuffed Kielbasa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Shiner Bock Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)