Potato Cups in Muffin Tins( Irish )
- 2 cups shredded potatoes (I use frozen and thaw them before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked peppercorn
- butter, to grease the muffin tins
- parsley (to garnish)
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/potato-cups-in-muffin-tins-irish-163565#ixzz1HKRv2mCH
1 Prepare the Potato Cups.
2 Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
3 Mix together the potatoes, onion, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Generously butter 6 muffin tins, 2-1/2" size. Press the potato mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 45 minutes or until the edges are well browned.
4 Remove from the oven to a rack to cool slightly. Loosen and invert the potato cups onto a plate.
5 Prepare Marinated Cucumber Slices.
6 While the potatoes are baking, notch the edges of the cucumber with the tines of a fork. Using a mandoline slice approximately 7 to 8 slices per person.
7 Mix the mint, vinegar, sugar and cayenne together and marinate the cucumber slices for approximately 30 minutes.
8 To Plate Up: Overlap the marinated cucumber slices in a circle off to the side on each plate. Place the inverted potato cup on top, add a sprig of Parsley and serve.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/potato-cups-in-muffin-tins-irish-163565#ixzz1HKS1aVjW