- 1 8 oz pgk cream cheese
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 3 T lemon juice
- 5 fresh basil leaves = chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry - thawed
- 1 # fresh asparagus spears - trimmed
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T parmesan cheese - shaved or shredded
- cooking spray
In a small bowl combine cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and basil.
Un fold puff pastry sheet unto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut into 4 rectangles. placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cut rectangles within an 1/2 inch of the edge.
Trim the asparagus to 1 1/2 inches shorter than the pastry. Press 4 spears into the cream cheese mixture on top of the pasty in alternating directions. Then drizzle with oil.
Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. sprinkle with shaved or shredded parmesan cheese slice each pastry in half and serve.