Sicilian Penne with Tilapia and Spinach
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus 1/3 cup
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound tiapia, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups halved teardrop or cherry tomatoes (red, yellow or a blend)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppe
Cooking time 15mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, red chili flakes, and 1/4 cup parsley. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the from the pan and set aside.
5. Season the tilapia cubes with salt and pepper.
6. Using the same pan, over medium-high heat, add the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil and cook the tilapa until opaque.
7. Add the white wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
8. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cooked pasta, the remaining 1/3 cup parsley and stir. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
You'll also love
- Lobster Salad Roll 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry, Walnut, and Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Trifle 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- award Winning New England Clam... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Steak Gorgonzola with Spinach... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Thai Beef Drunken Noodles 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup with... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)