Steak Gorgonzola with Spinach Alfredo
*Balsamic glaze can be made by VERY slowly simmering about 1 cup balsamic vinegar until it is so reduced, it’s got a syrupy consistency.
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 8 oz fettucine pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Rich Alfredo Sauce:
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 2-3 tbs crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 cups shredded fresh baby spinach
- 3 tbs sun-dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbs crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze* (optional)
Adapted from bakeatmidnite.com
Trim fat from sirloin steak. Cut steak into strips about 1-inch wide and 3-inches long. Place steak in a large zipper plastic bag.
Mix marinade ingredients and pour over steak in bag. Seal bag and “mush” the marinade and steak together. Place in refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
After steak has marinated, preheat your broiler or outside grill on high. Grill steak to desired doneness. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm in a very low–200 degrees F–oven.
Cook fettucine as per package directions. When done, drain.
Meanwhile, prepare alfredo sauce by heating the milk and cream in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Mix in the cheeses. DO NOT LET THIS BOIL. Whisk egg yolks well in a separate bowl. Pour about 1 cup of the cream/cheese mixture into the egg yolks, whisking while pouring. This is called “tempering” so the eggs don’t form a clump when adding it to the sauce. Pour the tempered egg/sauce mixture back in the saucepan while whisking. Continue to whisk over medium-low heat until sauce begins to thicken. This will be anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir well, cover and remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine the hot cooked fettucine with the sauce and toss well.
Plate and top each plate with 1/4 of the steak strips. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if using. Put crumbled gorgonzola on top of steak.
You'll also love
- Thai Beef Drunken Noodles 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Rings with Caramel... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Crescent Carrot Appetizers 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars with Maple Browned... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken With Warm... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Gorgonzola & Toasted Walnut Spread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)