Strawberry Banana Trifle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set side.
In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired.
Yield: 14 servings.
You'll also love
- Easy Bake Beef Enchiladas 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Apricot Oat Bars 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie Shot 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry Cider Punch 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- To-Die-For Gluten-Free Black Bean... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry & Fig Balsamic Jam 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Cookies & Cream Trifle 4.5/5 (31 Votes)