Strawberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks
White chocolate and strawberries in a cookie? Yes! These cookies won't last long in your house!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoon flour
- 5 ounce white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Pour fresh lemon juice over chopped strawberries, drain them after a few minutes.
Whisk together 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat butter with sugar and cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture and mix until it’s well combined. Stir in chopped white chocolate.
Sprinkle strawberries with 1 to 2 tablespoon flour, toss them until all strawberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then stir them really gently in the batter.
Drop heaping tablespoon of batter onto pan leaving an inch space between each cookie. Set the cookies in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.
Sprinkle the cookies with sugar if you want, but do not overdo it because they are sweet enough.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the edges become golden brown.
Let them cool a few minutes in the pan than transfer them to a wire racks to cool completely.
It was time for a few tricks. In order not to lose color, I squeezed a little lemon juice over the strawberries, then drained them and sprinkle flour over them in order not to color the dough and that the strawberries would not sink in while baking.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Garlic Cream Fettuccine... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Skillet Cornbread 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Peach Galette 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Whole Wheat... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Microwave Strawberry Cream Mug... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Haystacks 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Blackberry Strawberry... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)