Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Creamy cheesecake bars with a from-scratch crust topped with apples mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg, streusel, and homemade caramel sauce.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut the butter into the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon until combined and crumbly. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish lined with foil.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until lightly golden brown, about 8-12 minutes, set aside and let cool.
Beat the sugar into the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Mix the apples, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Sprinkle the apples on top of the cream cheese layer.
Cut the butter into the flour, sugar, cinnamon and rolled oats until combined and crumbly.
Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the apples.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until the cheesecake has set, about 25-35 minutes, and let cool.
Heat the sugar and water in a sauce pan over medium heat and simmer it until it turns a medium amber color.
Remove from heat and carefully pour in the heavy cream. Return to heat and cook until smooth, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in the butter.
Allow the sauce to cool for a few minutes and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
Let cool and serve over the apple cheesecake bars.
You'll also love
- TURKEY CHORIZO STUFFED CHILI... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping... 4.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Cleo's Pumpkin Dog Biscuits 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Strawberry Jam with Honey 4.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Macaroni &... 4/5 (180 Votes)
- Baker's Original German Chocolate... 3.9/5 (185 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Apple Bread Pudding... 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Caramel Crescent Snickerdoodles 4.5/5 (71 Votes)