TURKEY CHORIZO STUFFED CHILI RELANOS
I wanted to do something different for dinner so came up with this recipe for chili relanos. DELICIOUS!
- 1/2 lb. Chorizo
- 1/2 lb. Ground turkey
- 1 C. Long grain rice, cooked, Far East Garlic & Herb works well
- 1/2 Yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, diced
- Kale, 1 bunch chopped
- Garlic, 3 cloves chopped
- 1 T. Mexican oregano
- 1 T. Olive oil
- 6-8 Poblano peppers
- Cotija cheese
- RED SAUCE
- 1/2 Pt. Swank Farms Fresh Hot Salsa
- 1/2 Pt. Swank Farms Fresh Mild Salsa
- 1 T. Corn starch
- CREAM SAUCE
- 10 oz. Crema, Mexican sour cream
- Zest from one lime
- 1 T. Lime juice
- 2-3 T. Mint, chopped
- Dash of salt
Char peppers on a grill and place in a plastic bag, set aside for 20 minutes. Meanwhile mix crema, lime zest, juice and mint in a bowl, refrigerate.
In a blender add both salsas and cornstarch, blend until smooth. Place in saucepan and set aside.
Peal peppers, use a paper towel to help remove charred skins. With a knife cut a split lengthwise down the center of each pepper and remove the seeds leaving the stem attached.
In a fry pan sauté onions, red bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add crumbled chorizo, ground turkey, rice, oregano, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until turkey and chorizo are cooked through. Add kale and cook until tender.
Heat salsa until thick and bubbly. On each plate spread a nice base of salsa for the chilies.
Stuff each chili with meat mixture and place two chilies on each plate. Sprinkle with Cotija cheese, top with cream sauce and garnish with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping... 4.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Cleo's Pumpkin Dog Biscuits 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Pasta 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Bacon Hasselback Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Gumbo Fried Rice 4.4/5 (73 Votes)
- Crispy-Onion Turkey Casserole 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Open-Faced Turkey... 4.5/5 (61 Votes)