Strawberry Jam with Honey
Yields 6 8 oz jars.
- 6 cups chopped strawberries
- two boxes powdered pectin, or liquid pouches
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Wash and sterilize six 8 oz jam jars. Boil the flat parts of the lids in a small pot and keep at a low simmer.
2. Cut up and Mash the berries with a potato masher and place in a large saucepan. I used my ceramic cast iron Dutch oven.
3. Add the pectin, stir with a wooden spoon, and place on a burner over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Stir and boil for 1 min.
4. Remove from heat and add the honey and lemon juice and mix well. Return to heat and bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally. Once it boils, Boil for 5 min, stirring constantly.
5. Remove jam from heat and let sit for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken slightly.
6. Ladle jam into hot jars, then place a flat lid on jars, and add screw rings.
7. Immerse jars in hot water bath, and boil rapidly for 8-9 min. Remove from bath and place on a towel on the counter to cool.
8. Let completely cool for several hours. Overnight is best. Check and make sure each lid has sealed. Then store.