Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake
Upside-down apple spiced cake is made easy using Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® spice pre-mixed cake mix. Serve warm with ice cream for a delicious dessert!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 1/2 pound apples, peeled, chopped (3 large)
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® spice cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar and walnuts over butter; stir to combine. Sprinkle chopped apples in pan.
Mix cake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Pour batter over apples and walnuts in pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack 2 minutes; run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve cake warm.
You'll also love
- Monster Finger Cookies 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemon Pound Cake 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Citrus Panettone 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Roasted Peach Tapioca Pudding 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Santa Maria Style California BBQ... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- 4-Layer Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- French Apple Cobbler 4.5/5 (20 Votes)