4-Layer Coconut Cake
My whole family really enjoyed eating through all four layers of this coconut-ty cake. Coconut through and through with toasted coconut shavings to top it off, this four-layer coconut cake is the perfect centerpiece to your next celebratory party or social gathering. This cake also makes an excellent birthday cake, baby or bridal shower cake, or even a wedding cake.
- COCONUT FILLING:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups large eggs
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen flaked coconut, thawed
- 1 cup coconut shavings
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat first 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add extracts, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in flaked coconut. Pour batter into 4 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Arrange coconut shavings in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
Spread Coconut Filling between layers, leaving a 1-inch border. Beat whipping cream at high speed until foamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top and sides of cake, pressing gently to adhere.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Slaw Salad with... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Raspberry Mojito 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Baby... 3.8/5 (135 Votes)
- Virgin Bahama Mama Punch 4.1/5 (53 Votes)
- Creamy Oreo Pie 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- French Apple Cobbler 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mile-High Meringue Pie 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Crispy French Onion Scalloped... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)